Texas A&M and the VRSC are committed to offering military affiliated students a wide range of opportunities to learn, grow, succeed, and excel. Therefore, the University and the VRSC are proud to offer many different types of scholarships to incoming student veterans.
VRSC Scholarship Program
The VRSC Scholarship Program is designed to provide financial assistance to student veterans and spouses of student veterans with the greatest need. VRSC scholarships will be offered to qualified applicants who are full time students that have completed at least one semester at Texas A&M University. All veterans are encouraged to apply for these scholarships each year. To qualify for the VRSC Scholarships, students need to fill out the Continuing Student Scholarship Application. You must be a full-time student, undergraduate or graduate (minimum of 12 hours per semester for undergraduate and 9 hours per semester for graduate) who has completed at least one semester at Texas A&M University, College Station.
In addition to need-based scholarships, the VRSC would also like to spotlight the Aggie Ring scholarship, which is designed to help students with purchasing their Aggie Ring.
Aggie Ring Scholarships
The Aggie Ring is very important to all students at Texas A&M University and we are fortunate to have numerous scholarships to help student veterans attain their ring. Below are links to resources that offer need and merit based awards to help with ring purchases.
- Student Veteran Aggie Ring Program: This VRSC program is need-based and assists Aggie student veterans in purchasing their Aggie Ring. Please note the eligibility requirements and application information:
- You SHOULD submit this application approximately one year before your expected graduation date EVEN if you are not yet eligible to order your ring. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED LESS THAN 5 MONTHS PRIOR TO ANY SCHEDULED RING DAY ARE TYPICALLY TOO LATE; these applications will be processed for a later ring order window. The VRSC deadlines for ring order windows are set by the Association and cannot be waived. Please see the ring order dates at https://www.aggienetwork.com/ring/upcomingdeliveries.aspx
- All currently enrolled Texas A&M University undergraduate and graduate student veterans (including Galveston, Health Science Center, & School of Law) are eligible to apply.
- MUST be “Veteran Verified (VETV)” in Compass. If you are not currently using military educational benefits (i.e., Post 9/11 GI Bill or Hazlewood benefits), you may be required to provide a DD214 or other proof of military service.
- MUST have a FAFSA on file with Scholarships & Financial Aid.
- Click here for more information and for the application.
- Other Campus Ring Scholarship & Loan Info: If you are unable to receive a VRSC Ring Scholarship, connect with the Association of Former Students for other resources.
- For Aggie Ring eligibility information, please visit the Association of Former Students.
- If you are interested in sponsoring a ring for an Aggie Student Veteran, please contact either:
Students receiving veterans’ educational benefits are typically also eligible for all scholarships awarded by Texas A&M University, including those awarded by Scholarships & Financial Aid, Academic Departments and Colleges, the Texas A&M foundation, and more.
The Veterans Services Office has compiled a list of some great scholarships available to both active duty and veterans. Ranging from major/career specific to service specific, such as The Tailhook Educational Foundation and the Marine’s Memorial Tribute Scholarship. For more information on these and other funding opportunities, click here.
Corps of Cadets Scholarships
The Corp of Cadets offer five different type of scholarships varying from $1000-$8000 with no military obligation. These are awarded based upon such criteria such as need, academic performance, and demonstrated leadership. Both freshman and transfer students are encouraged to apply.
Click here for more information about Core of Cadets Scholarships.
The VRSC is always available to answer any and all questions regarding these and other ways to fund your “Aggie Adventure”!