Join us on a incredible journey!
From education to vocation…
Texas A&M University:
The destination of choice for Student Veteran Success…our new tradition!
Recently, many former students & loyal Aggie supporters have taken a bold step.
With their donations & leadership, we have started to forever transform how Texas A&M serves & respects those who have served our great country.
Our new Aggie path to achieve excellence & create life changing opportunities has just begun.
Our student veterans (& their families) need others to join our dedicated ranks to build a new tradition “at a school they think so grand!”
We have over 1,150 Aggie student veterans: enrollment has nearly doubled in 5 years.
Nearly 1/2 are married; many with children.
They are older; typically 27-34.
Most served 6 or more years and have multiple combat tours.
About 1/3 will exhaust their GI Bill benefits before they graduate.
44% report an annual household income of less than $18,000.
Over 1/2 work (one or more part time jobs) to make ends meet while they are in school.
79% of our student veteran spouses work either full or part time.
With our support, they are extremely successful & enrich our classrooms and community!
“The scholarship couldn’t have come at a better time, it has helped to replace the lost funds from my post 9/11 benefits running out and has made it possible for me to finish my degree here at Texas A&M University and for that and many more reasons I am very grateful”
“My journey to Texas A&M was a long arduous process…I applied to TAMU from the side of a mountain in Afghanistan. Karen is the reason I am at Texas A&M and am successful…Without her, I would have never attained the goal of someday completing an education after the military.”
“Without this vital resource on campus, I most likely would have never formed the lifelong relationships I have with several other TAMU Veterans. The individuals who work in the VRSC, are absolutely incredible and are a valuable asset to the campus as a whole.”
Go to the Texas A&M Foundation website: https://www.txamfoundation.com/give.aspx
If you have a Foundation online account, log in. If not, you will create one when filling out the gift form.
- Under the “Make a Gift” and the “I would like to give to” lines, scroll down & select “Division of Student Affairs.”
- Under “Select Department” scroll down and select “Veteran Resource & Support Center.” or use the links provided.
Select type of Account (8 choices):
- Aggie Veteran Enrichment Fund: Ensure that Texas A&M forever remains a true leader in student veteran support. Give to this account!
- Veteran Resource & Support Center: Supports student veteran success programs and events that change Aggies’ lives. Give to this account!
- VRSC Non-Endowed Scholarship Account: Ensures student veteran “financial fitness” that leads to academic excellence. Give to this account!
- SAVE Fund: Supports Aggie student veterans in a time of financial crisis for extreme or unusual circumstances and help them remain in school. Give to this account!
- VALOR: Supports mentorship programming that connects incoming veterans with experienced student veterans to help them succeed academically and navigate back into civilian life. Give to this account!
- Warrior Scholar Project: Supports a two-week program that hosts former service members seeking their first bachelor’s degree develop and rediscover skills and confidence necessary to complete a four year undergraduate program. Give to this account!
- Vet Camp: Supports an in-depth orientation program conducted prior to the start of classes that provides more than 35 academic, campus, and local resources to ensure a successful transition. Give to this account!
- Aggie Shields: Supports the student organization in collecting used textbooks to fill the Veteran & Dependent Loan Library, removing the financial burden of buying textbooks from the veterans’ shoulders. Give to this account!
Fill out individual or organization name and information as prompted by the web page.
Pay by Check:
Make the check out to Texas A&M Foundation
Mark in the memo line: For Veteran Resource & Support Center Acct # ____ (Choose 1 acct. # from below)
04-58317 (For the Aggie Veteran Enrichment Fund)
05-73648 (For the Veteran Resource & Support Center)
05-70524 (For the Non-Endowed Scholarship Account)
05-70516 (SAVE Fund)
05-74034 (Warrior Scholar Project)
05-74035 (Vet Camp)
05-74036 (Aggie Shields)
Mail the check to: Texas A&M Foundation, 401 George Bush Drive, College Station, TX 77840
The Association of Former Students: (Student Veteran Aggie Ring Program)
To give online: https://www.aggienetwork.com/give/ringscholarship/
To support an Endowed Ring, select one of the “Veteran Ring” Endowment Options
To support an immediate one-time pass through ring purchase, leave the Endowment selection blank and write “Aggie Rings for Veterans” in the comments box.
To give via check: Make the check out to The Association of Former Students and write Rings for Veterans in the memo line. Mail to: The Association of Former Students, ATTN Sheila Connor, 505 George Bush Dr., College Station, TX 77840.
For more information, Sheila can be contacted at 979-845-7514 or email@example.com
For the benefit of Aggie Veterans, we call for your support:
For nearly a century, Texas A&M has been repeatedly challenged to support surges in student veteran enrollment. Despite continuous veteran enrollment since 1919, no permanent support was ever established. It is time to make a bold statement about the pride and value that Texas A&M places on those who have served our nation when they return to our campus.
To adequately support our student veterans, the path ahead is clear; we must permanently increase scholarships and continuous program support through endowments and gifts to create lasting opportunities that reduce financial and academic barriers to degree completion. The following areas will provide immediate and maximum impact for student veteran success:
- Student Support is the highest priority. We must significantly increase direct student support in the form of scholarships, textbooks, unique and individualized programs, Aggie Rings, support for key military affiliated student organizations (Student Veteran Association, Delta Company, & Aggie Shields).
- VRSC Support includes the sustainability and future VRSC enhancements to accommodate the diverse needs of student veterans. With future endowed support, TAMU will begin setting national best practices and become a true leader in student veteran support.
- Campus Support focuses on ensuring the future development of The Texas A&M Center for Student Veteran Excellence. This center will unlock the unique potential and opportunity that exists at TAMU to become the “national destination of choice” for military affiliated student success.
Gerald “Jerry” L. Smith ‘82
Colonel, USMC (Ret.)
979-845-3161 | firstname.lastname@example.org